Solar Thermal Energy for Hot Water
Solar water heating systems use free heat from the sun to warm water for use in the home. The system works all year round, though you’ll need to heat the water further with a conventional boiler or immersion heater during the winter months. Solar water heating panels are fitted to your roof and collect heat from the sun to warm water and store it in a cylinder (thermal store or unvented). This intallation can work alongside your existing system (even combi boilers).
Limitless Energy are accreditied Solar Thermal installers and can supply and install hot water systems to meet your needs.
Benefits of Solar Thermal
- Reduced bills: sunlight is free, so once you have paid for the installation your ongoing utility bills should be less.
- Hot water all year: although the system produces less energy in the winter.
- Solar thermal owners can be eligible to apply for renewable heat incentive payments.
- Solar water heating can be installed relatively cheaply and with little adaption to your existing building.
- Cut your carbon footprint: solar hot water is a green renewable heating system
- Long term savings: most panels come with a guarantee lasting many years are require little maintenance.
Payments and Savings
Solar Thermal systems are eligible for payments through the UK government’s Renewable Heat Incentives Scheme (RHI) to recoup the costs of installation and minimise reliance on fossil fuels.
These payments vary according to the size of your household, however according to the energysavingstrust they can vary from £190 per year for a 2 person household and £460 per year for 6 people per year. The aspect of your panels and the weather, will affect the panel’s performance, but it is estimated that they can provide 70% of your hot water demands.